Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Golf / Soccer / Cricket Cards Forum (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Monte Cudine (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=216688)

aljurgela 01-16-2016 10:48 AM

Monte Cudine

All, a few months ago I mentioned that I was going to try and get SGC to grade the Monte Cudine cards, but I have been unable to do so. Does anyone know where I can find a checklist and some third party information that show them that these are indeed legit. I was a bit surprised not to find them in the book "Dificil eran las de antes" from Argentina. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

wake.up.the.echoes 01-17-2016 06:07 AM

Al, weren't these issued in poster form and then cut out? Unless I am thinking of a completely different set. They are small and round, right? Anyway, that's the only information I can recall about them. I'm probably thinking of a different set, and if so, carry on, lol. Alan

SECollector 01-17-2016 01:23 PM

Thats a tough set to find information about. There are many variations too, to make that even more complicated.

aljurgela 01-17-2016 07:59 PM

This is the set that I am referring to....

1 Attachment(s)
what do you think?

Spartan833 01-21-2016 01:48 PM

Hi Al,

I was looking at the company and noticed that it is located in Uruguay. Maybe there is more info on these in some periodical from there rather than Argentina. I haven't seen much when researching them over the years. I have seen posters of Monte Cudine with discs but they do not have the same markings as the cut out discs, so I am not sure whether they are all from the same media. Also, the stamps on back make me think that they were issued from the company, but who knows? I will keep looking and let you know if I see anything.

Bill

esehombre 01-21-2016 06:33 PM

Monte Cudine's

Not sure if this will help your cause or not but I have bought several of these from a friend in Argentina. Monte Cudine is an alcoholic drink that started in the 30's and was distributed for decades in Argentina (I cant speak to Uruguay). From what i understand, these "pogs" were issued under the lids of the bottles in order to increase sales just kind of as a gimmick. Also, as Alan mentioned earlier (Hi Alan) I have never heard of these being distributed in poster form and cut out (These are made of fairly heavy cardboard and there are no punch marks to be found). Unfortunately, I can't expound much more than that but I do have an advertisement that was sent to me so once i locate it I will scan it in here.

esehombre 01-21-2016 07:23 PM

Monte Cudine Ad

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 218598

SECollector 01-22-2016 04:05 PM

Very cool information, thanks Noel!

aljurgela 01-23-2016 03:07 PM

Thanks Noel...

This should be helpful. I doubt that it will go all the way for SGC, but I will try and continue to do some research in both Argentina and Uruguay!

Al

esehombre 01-23-2016 06:52 PM

SGC and Monte Cudine

No problem Al and best of luck to you--tell SGC to get their best grader on it. And if it smells like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck then perhaps it may very well be one! And finally, if they cannot authenticate and validate then who would they recommend?