NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-29-2018, 11:01 AM
Jos.eph Dw.ek

Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMPEP View Post
Andrew - apology accepted and reciprocated.

Cheers,
Patrick
Thank you.
Old 06-30-2018, 08:23 AM
Jason Wells

"I have a lot of influence on the card collecting community" best line of this whole thread
Old 06-30-2018, 10:37 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/alltimeset.aspx?s=175000&ac=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehse View Post
At this point.....If I was Joe you would not get anything further from me after your repeated attempts to ruin my reputation among other things. Have a hissy fit all you want but it really is time to move on and let this one go.

Geez its just cards man. This is not life and death.

A little tired of people saying 'its just cards' thats pretty unfair to say...its about someone being dishonest and about money.

lets see you lose $4000 on a deal and have people say....don't worry its just cards..

His deal involved a least a thousand or so....if its not a big deal...why dont one of you people who say 'its just cards' give him the thousand dollars..afterall its just cards and not over much...so should be easy to give it to him...
Old 06-30-2018, 07:24 PM
Stephen Marchillo

But the rest of that reply was 1000% spot on. The anger is directed at the wrong people. Andrew and Joe could have ignored the OP from the beginning. Instead they explained the situation and withheld the information they werenít comfortable sharing. The OP went way overboard with them simply because the original scum seller didnít engage him. I felt bad for the OP when this was first posted but feel much less sympathetic as this thread progressed. I donít like the bullying tone the OP took so for someone to say ďitís just cardsĒ isnít the worst thing to say.

Iíd also go on to say that Iíd certainly do business with Andrew and Joe if the situation presented itself.
Old 06-30-2018, 08:25 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Posession is 9/10ths of the law. Until the card is in your possession, it isn't yours, unless legally a seller can be forced to complete the sale or be forced to make the buyer whole. The seller can always say it was a pricing error , card is lost, etc and not deliver. Bad business yes, but a 4k or higher loss is a price some people will lose their dignity, or what's left of it, for.

My situation

Sellers lists buy it now for 2500
Says he made a mistake and it was supposed to be an auction

Relists and sellers for 11,000

Now there are specific damages, but apparently Ebay is not enforceable

"Trolling Ebay right now" ©
Old 06-30-2018, 10:20 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
A little tired of people saying 'its just cards' thats pretty unfair to say...its about someone being dishonest and about money.

lets see you lose $4000 on a deal and have people say....don't worry its just cards..

His deal involved a least a thousand or so....if its not a big deal...why dont one of you people who say 'its just cards' give him the thousand dollars..afterall its just cards and not over much...so should be easy to give it to him...
It's a lot different if someone scams you $4000 when they send you an empty box with no card in the package or something similar versus you were about to buy a card $4000 below market price because the seller didn't know better and priced the card incorrectly.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:11 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Agree for the most part. Having been there (deal retracted) more than once on a several k deal, it sort of feels the same to me but for a fraction of the time . Just because a "great" deal doesn't happen, doesn't mean you are really out money, out of your pocket. (again, it sort of feels that way but it's not....just check your wallet, money is still there). Receive an empty box and check your wallet, money is gone. Different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
It's a lot different if someone scams you $4000 when they send you an empty box with no card in the package or something similar versus you were about to buy a card $4000 below market price because the seller didn't know better and priced the card incorrectly.

Last edited by Leon; 07-01-2018 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:42 PM
James
James Kin.chen

So, has the OP issued an apology to Joe yet?
Old 07-01-2018, 10:37 PM
T0m J0rd@N

Default Listen and learn

delete............

My momma always said, "If you can't say something nice...."

Last edited by Bigdaddy; 07-01-2018 at 10:39 PM.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:24 AM

I was thinking, what about ebay finds that did materialize, I'd like to hear some of those stories.