NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-27-2018, 06:04 PM
Rookiemonster's Avatar
Rookiemonster Rookiemonster is offline
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Nj
Posts: 1,328
Default A few of my favorites

I truly like the Hal Trosky !
The color the catcher and the umpire. Really cool stuff !

The Rolfe also has a umpire in the background and some kind a factory. Also
You get what looks like the Yankees left fielder.

Carl Hubbell in all his glory relaxing in the polo grounds . He even has some hat swag.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FDF14C42-DF8C-443D-B0A8-25BF681D64A1.jpg (9.0 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg E34AE461-69D7-4A06-A75C-08039ECAF2D5.jpg (13.1 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg 93E88107-BB6B-4551-BCF2-717A67E7B557.jpg (15.1 KB, 162 views)
__________________
Just a collector that likes to talk and read about the Hobby. 🤓👍🏼

Last edited by Rookiemonster; 04-27-2018 at 06:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-28-2018, 07:33 AM
SAllen2556's Avatar
SAllen2556 SAllen2556 is offline
Scott
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Detroit
Posts: 345
Default

I recently discovered that the building behind Tommy Bridges is the actual Fisher Building in Detroit. I always thought the backgrounds in this set were generic. Pretty cool!

50157.jpg
images.jpeg
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-29-2018, 06:05 PM
Rookiemonster's Avatar
Rookiemonster Rookiemonster is offline
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Nj
Posts: 1,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAllen2556 View Post
I recently discovered that the building behind Tommy Bridges is the actual Fisher Building in Detroit. I always thought the backgrounds in this set were generic. Pretty cool!

Attachment 313877
Attachment 313876
Wow that is cool! I always assumed the backs generic as well. That’s a good find !
__________________
Just a collector that likes to talk and read about the Hobby. 🤓👍🏼
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-30-2018, 02:07 AM
rhettyeakley's Avatar
rhettyeakley rhettyeakley is online now
Rhett Yeakley
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post
I, too, am curious. Does anybody know?

We know them as R311's. They were given to retailers along with the regular cards and handed to the redeemer of 15 wrappers/coupons...


Not my piece but I had saved this image some time ago.
__________________
Check out my website www.StarsOfTheDiamond.com
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-30-2018, 09:46 AM
Rookiemonster's Avatar
Rookiemonster Rookiemonster is offline
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Nj
Posts: 1,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
We know them as R311's. They were given to retailers along with the regular cards and handed to the redeemer of 15 wrappers/coupons...


Not my piece but I had saved this image some time ago.
They don’t look Etched. All the R311 say 1936 but I thought the wrappers were from 1934 to 1936. Did they only give the premiums out in 1936?
__________________
Just a collector that likes to talk and read about the Hobby. 🤓👍🏼
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-30-2018, 10:51 AM
rhettyeakley's Avatar
rhettyeakley rhettyeakley is online now
Rhett Yeakley
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,047
Default

The R311’s are a multi year issue that paralleled the Diamond Stars cards. As you can see above the envelope is dated 1935. They added new premiums over the years and the later added premiums are harder to find and likely correspond to the high numbers and the 1936 issues. About half the R311 set is really easy to find while the others are hard.

Later wrappers dropped the “etched” title and even included checklists of the available players. Not sure what they did in 1934 as nearly all the teams are dated 1935 or so but perhaps they had just single players that year. There is also the leather versions of R311 as well but the teams are also dated later so not sure in 1934.
__________________
Check out my website www.StarsOfTheDiamond.com
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-30-2018, 11:15 AM
Rookiemonster's Avatar
Rookiemonster Rookiemonster is offline
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Nj
Posts: 1,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
The R311’s are a multi year issue that paralleled the Diamond Stars cards. As you can see above the envelope is dated 1935. They added new premiums over the years and the later added premiums are harder to find and likely correspond to the high numbers and the 1936 issues. About half the R311 set is really easy to find while the others are hard.

Later wrappers dropped the “etched” title and even included checklists of the available players. Not sure what they did in 1934 as nearly all the teams are dated 1935 or so but perhaps they had just single players that year. There is also the leather versions of R311 as well but the teams are also dated later so not sure in 1934.
Thanks for the clarification on this set. I did notice that the Bill Terry card looks the same in both sets.
__________________
Just a collector that likes to talk and read about the Hobby. 🤓👍🏼
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diamonds Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 8 03-10-2007 10:47 AM
Diamonds in the Rough Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 2 01-24-2006 08:23 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.


ebay GSB