NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-04-2018, 12:51 PM

Same for me. I'm at a regional bank with no presence in Cleveland and my ATM withdrawal limit is $400. I've even had out of town (but still in the US) transactions denied as possible fraud over $500.
Even if I did find a dealer to take a debit/credit card it could be an issue to call my bank, get approval, designate my account for approval and the make the transaction, espically late Friday or Saturday.
The more concerns I read about carrying large cash amounts the more nervous I get, I guess I'll just have to trust in a normal amount of walking around money and PayPal.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:30 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
This is fine if you bank with one of the major banks. I don't.
If you're really that worried about carrying cash you could open an account locally at wells Fargo or bank of america, throw a few grand in, then withdraw by the show if you make a deal. The suggestion to have another dealer vouch for you so someone you dont know will take your check or PayPal is also a good one. This is what I planned to do in Chicago last year.

http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/pokerplyr80
Old 07-04-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
From experience, domestic you can take as much cash as you want to on a plane.
Just hope D.B. Cooper is not on the plane.

Brian
Old 07-04-2018, 02:19 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

I wish it come to ATL.
I don't get out a ton and probably never get to a show.
But if one did come here, I'll make sure to go.
It would be neat to meet & shoot the breeze with some of the nice people on this board.
NEED: (low-end) PSA 49 Bowman Satchel Paige
Successful Transactions with: Bestdj77(Chris), 39special(Steve), BPencil, Arcadecrazy, BeatlesGuy, Cammb(Tony), Mantlefan2010(Jonathan), Stlcards(Dan), Sean C, nkesterke09(Nicholas), Darwinbulldog(Glenn) & Ebay users: phil8ball, begsu1013, kmas55, Peter Spaeth, bigfish, Greg Nazareth, PhillipAbbott79, DanB
Old 07-04-2018, 04:12 PM
Rich Klein

Couple of notes:

1) I seriously doubt the National will ever get back to Atlanta. it was held there in 1992 during the hobby boom and the show was not great for that time period. Then it was held again in 1999 and was terribly slow. We're not going back to Atlanta for a long, long time unless they basically RENT FOR VERY MINIMAL COST the convention center to the national promoters. If they do that, then we got a shot to be there. Remember Atlanta in the summer is hot and humid and generally icky.

2) Most ATM's by the National run out of cash each year. Whatever you plan to bring -- if you can afford to bring double that amount, then do so.

Rich

Last edited by Rich Klein; 07-04-2018 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-04-2018, 08:30 PM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisFlood View Post
As a vendor I accept checks from people that I know well or cash. I just don't have time to play with credit devices as there are usually 3 to 8 people at my booth buying or working on lists. I don't have enough eyes to be distracted in that manner. I lost a major theft to someone when I turned my back momentarily to run a credit card. Never again.
You can do it on your Phone Now.

No Need to Turn Your Back.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:57 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

When I was in buying mode, first time around, I think I would bring upwards of 10k in cash. Nowadays when i go it is somewhere between 3k and 5k. I never worried about it. When I set up I will take almost anything except a CC as I don't have a personal merchant account. Folks can still pay on CC through Paypal though, which is how i earn 2% cash back when I use PP. I have also borrowed numerous wads of 100s, from friends at the National, to make cash purchases when I ran out of said cash. Where there is a will there's a way.

Last edited by Leon; 07-06-2018 at 07:15 AM.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:19 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Don't know about anyone else but my Bank only allows me to take out $400 a day, so ATM's are of questionable usefulness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
Last year in Chicago the ATMs at the convention center ran out of money Saturday. As has been mentioned, banks limit how much can be withdrawn each day. My bank limits it to $600 per day.
James
All you have to do is call the bank and change your daily limit to anything you want. I do it all the time when going on vacations/traveling.

Cash is king because not everyone reports it.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:37 AM
Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by that T206 Guy View Post
You can do it on your Phone Now.

No Need to Turn Your Back.
You can, I can't. I have a smart phone, but do not use internet. Good suggestion though. I'm an old dog and have trouble learning new tricks!
Old 07-05-2018, 12:00 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisFlood View Post
You can, I can't. I have a smart phone, but do not use internet. Good suggestion though. I'm an old dog and have trouble learning new tricks!
Square on your phone doesn't use the internet. It's an app.
Great experience buying from edjs and mybuddyinc. Check out my ebay store, weird, eclectic, accurate, and reasonable! http://stores.ebay.com/Aquarian-Sports-Cards Also check out http://www.birminghamauctioneers.com