NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-23-2018, 12:00 AM
samosa4u's Avatar
samosa4u samosa4u is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 315
Default 2018 NHL Playoffs:

So it looks like Washington is going to be facing Pittsburgh for the hundredth freaking time! I am so fed-up of seeing this year after year. Crosby might suffer another concussion, the 50th of his career, but he'll still make sure that he is there to whip Ovechkin's behind. LOL!

Now I like what's going on in the west: Las Vegas Golden Knights vs. San Jose Sharks - very interesting indeed! Sharks are no longer the same team after acquiring Evander Kane, and the Knights have shocked the hockey world with how good they've been playing all year. Winnipeg Jets vs. Nashville Predators is another exciting match-up. The Jets have a lot of size and power, while Predators are the faster team.

My Leafs need a miracle right now, but I don't think that's going to happen.
__________________
Always looking to buy or trade for vintage hockey, soccer, boxing and non-sports.

Last edited by samosa4u; 04-23-2018 at 12:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-23-2018, 08:18 AM
58pinson's Avatar
58pinson 58pinson is offline
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 73
Default

Think the Lightning will be a tough out for anybody else in the East. Out West I really don't believe in Vegas, and all due respect to them, they should be forever grateful to the NHL expansion draft rules that allowed them to get competitive right away. Will be pulling for the Jets though. With the Rangers not even getting in I'd like to see a Tampa/Winnipeg final. I thought you're Maple Leafs would be good enough to handle Boston. Love to see both you guys and the Blue Jackets force game 7's tonight. I've been a Tortorella fan since his days in NY.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-29-2018, 12:21 PM
irv's Avatar
irv irv is offline
D@le Irv*n
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 3,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
So it looks like Washington is going to be facing Pittsburgh for the hundredth freaking time! I am so fed-up of seeing this year after year. Crosby might suffer another concussion, the 50th of his career, but he'll still make sure that he is there to whip Ovechkin's behind. LOL!

Now I like what's going on in the west: Las Vegas Golden Knights vs. San Jose Sharks - very interesting indeed! Sharks are no longer the same team after acquiring Evander Kane, and the Knights have shocked the hockey world with how good they've been playing all year. Winnipeg Jets vs. Nashville Predators is another exciting match-up. The Jets have a lot of size and power, while Predators are the faster team.

My Leafs need a miracle right now, but I don't think that's going to happen.
I took L.A. to go all the way and win it all, aka, 2014, but unfortunately, that obviously didn't happen.
After watching Vegas put out the Kings, I certainly think they have what it takes to go all the way even though they lost last night.

In the east, I took Pitts to go all the way and to meet L.A. in the final but now I am not so sure as these Bruins are playing very good! I personally can't see them losing to Tampa, but, of course, like some of my first round picks, I could be way off?

With no chance of winning the pool I am in, I am rooting for Vegas. James Neal is my wife's distant cousin, plus I'd like to see this Cinderella story continue too.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-07-2018, 03:00 PM
mikemb mikemb is offline
Mike Lenart
member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Garwood, NJ
Posts: 130
Default

I've enjoyed watching the hockey this year. I do miss the Rangers being in. Rooting for Tampa Bay (I call them Rangers-South). Don't really care for Washington but all other teams are ok. Just like watching good playoff hockey. Mike
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-07-2018, 03:56 PM
irv's Avatar
irv irv is offline
D@le Irv*n
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 3,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I took L.A. to go all the way and win it all, aka, 2014, but unfortunately, that obviously didn't happen.
After watching Vegas put out the Kings, I certainly think they have what it takes to go all the way even though they lost last night.

In the east, I took Pitts to go all the way and to meet L.A. in the final but now I am not so sure as these Bruins are playing very good! I personally can't see them losing to Tampa, but, of course, like some of my first round picks, I could be way off?

With no chance of winning the pool I am in, I am rooting for Vegas. James Neal is my wife's distant cousin, plus I'd like to see this Cinderella story continue too.
Well, that lasted all of one game! Congrats to Tampa Bay, you played great.

Now that Vegas put out SJ, I want them to continue but getting by Winnipeg, who I think will get by Nashville, will be no easy task. They are playing great for basically a bunch of misfits. I think any team in the east is going to be in tough against a western team, but lots of hockey left yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemb View Post
I've enjoyed watching the hockey this year. I do miss the Rangers being in. Rooting for Tampa Bay (I call them Rangers-South). Don't really care for Washington but all other teams are ok. Just like watching good playoff hockey. Mike
Playoff Hockey is the best. It's a time for the underdogs to shine and make a name for themselves.
I'd like to see Pitts get by Washington, but they are in tough now. If Washington goes on, I hope TB beats them 4 straight.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-27-2018, 12:53 PM
irv's Avatar
irv irv is offline
D@le Irv*n
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 3,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Well, that lasted all of one game! Congrats to Tampa Bay, you played great.

Now that Vegas put out SJ, I want them to continue but getting by Winnipeg, who I think will get by Nashville, will be no easy task. They are playing great for basically a bunch of misfits. I think any team in the east is going to be in tough against a western team, but lots of hockey left yet.
Here's hoping Vegas gets by the Caps! Personally, I hope Vegas takes them out 4 straight.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-27-2018, 03:26 PM
58pinson's Avatar
58pinson 58pinson is offline
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 73
Default

As a Ranger fan I've no love lost for the Capitals. That said, I'm definitely not buying into the whole Vegas thing. I'll give them credit for bringing in good hockey people, and I guess I'd have to give the NHL (and that gnome Bettman) kudos for setting up a draft that allowed an expansion team to be other than a charity case for x number of years. Just can't bet behind the fanbase out there. No dues paying, no blood or tears shed and their already in the finals. Bah!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-27-2018, 04:10 PM
commishbob's Avatar
commishbob commishbob is offline
Bob Andrews
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston Tx Area
Posts: 290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58pinson View Post
As a Ranger fan I've no love lost for the Capitals. That said, I'm definitely not buying into the whole Vegas thing. I'll give them credit for bringing in good hockey people, and I guess I'd have to give the NHL (and that gnome Bettman) kudos for setting up a draft that allowed an expansion team to be other than a charity case for x number of years. Just can't bet behind the fanbase out there. No dues paying, no blood or tears shed and their already in the finals. Bah!!
With you all the way. Also a lifelong Rangers fan. I wonder how Leafs fans feel...50 years or so since their last Cup and Vegas has a shot in year one.
__________________
My hobby blogs: Five Tool Collector 1959 Topps Baseball 1958 Topps Baseball 1960 Topps Baseball

Current Projects: 1962, 1973, 1975, 1978 and 1979 Topps Baseball, 1953 Bowman Football & 1970-71 Topps Basketball

Player Collections: Billy Pierce, Charles Bender, Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Elston Howard, Mike Cuellar Always looking for unique Billy Pierce items
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-27-2018, 11:38 PM
CobbSpikedMe's Avatar
CobbSpikedMe CobbSpikedMe is offline
Andy H.
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Belle Mead, NJ
Posts: 872
Default

Since my Devils aren't in the finals I could give a crap who wins the Cup this year. That said, I'd like to see Vegas pull it off just for the novelty of it all. You know, since I don't care.
__________________
I'm always looking for t206's with purple numbers stamped on the back like the one in my avatar.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-28-2018, 01:58 AM
FourStrikes's Avatar
FourStrikes FourStrikes is offline
ThreadKiller
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 605
Default ...

NOT a big hockey fan (although I tend to watch the semis and Stanley Cup finals) yet I imagine ANYBODY that put down some decent coin on the Golden Knights early will be watching these final games with great interest!

not necessarily a gambler / bettor, but many years ago I was one of those that upon a trip to Vegas, would drop $100 on a long-shot and hope for a stoopid payday, which - in every case - simply resulted in flushing a c-note down the toilet!

kudos to ANYONE that scores this season should the "expansion" Golden Knights capture the Cup!
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
baseball playoffs chaddurbin Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk 384 11-10-2017 01:25 PM
NFC Playoffs this weekend Runscott Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk 5 01-14-2017 09:27 PM
The Twins are in the playoffs!!! nolemmings Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk 2 05-10-2015 09:17 AM
Playoffs alanu Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk 8 10-15-2012 08:56 PM
More Playoffs?? SmokyBurgess Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk 1 11-23-2010 10:41 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 PM.


ebay GSB