NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 02-24-2017, 11:24 PM
Adam Jacob

Default Aaron Judge

Do you guys think Aaron Judge is a good Investment or is he going to be Adam Dunn 2.0?
Old 02-27-2017, 11:04 AM

Dunn 2.0 would be a great player! Being in NY will only help and I hope he can cut down on the strikeouts but I can't remember a guy his size ever having great success in MLB. If he shortens his swing and can learn to take walks he will be a stud.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:12 PM

Michael Conforto has a better shot at the moment (Mets).
Old 02-27-2017, 04:35 PM
Dave

Maybe he will surprise me, but I don't rate him highly at all. As a Yankee fan I'd be ecstatic if he projects out to a Richie Sexson type, but I think that's pushing the boundries of expectations, and that certainly doesn't map out as a player to "invest" in.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:41 PM

I tend to agree with you. I just don't think he'll develop the ability to walk which really puts pressure on him to hit 30 plus homers a year. Even if he is able to do that we all saw Chris Carter nearly go to Japan due to lack of interest.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:57 PM
Dave

It's not like Judge has put up mind-blowing stats in the minor leagues. Not sure how pretty good minor league hitter maps out to Superstar major league potential. It's not like he's just out of High School either. He's pushing 25 already.

He's about 8 months younger then Mike Trout.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:43 AM

Yeah I mean max potential would be a Giancarlo Stanton type but Stanton hit 39 homers as an 18 year old. Judge never did anything like that while being much older and having the benefit of college ball.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:36 PM
Jonathan Sterling

yeah I agree with most here and would not go heavy on Judge but Sanchez on the other hand? maybe ....maybe..
Old 02-28-2017, 06:29 PM
Larry

Rob Deer the second. Big guy, big long swing, lots of K's. A sucker for low outside sliders that he can't tell are not fastballs. Brings to mind Dusty Springfield's hit in the '60's--"Wishing and Hoping."

Good luck on that plunge,

Larry
Old 02-28-2017, 06:32 PM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
yeah I agree with most here and would not go heavy on Judge but Sanchez on the other hand? maybe ....maybe..
The problem with Sanchez is that his track record--minor league stats, with a fairly large sample size--don't reflect anything like that kind of production. Either a short term fluke (a la Ron Swoboda--10 HR's in his first 118 AB while batting .271 during that period in '65), or he had some artificial additive assistance. Sanchez had some decent to good HR stats in the minors over a pretty fair number of years, but nothing remotely resembling a homer per every 10 AB.

Regards,

Larry

Last edited by ls7plus; 02-28-2017 at 06:35 PM.