NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-31-2003, 12:27 AM
Administrator

Default A GREAT card collector, now has Cancer and need Our Help!!

Posted By: BigKidAtHeart

You really should read this thread
where everyone is helping to raise money
for Carlos Aponte (or Carkim on the PSA boards)

He has cancer and is swamped with medical bills.
(to the tune of like $20,000 bucks!)

Please read it, and help as much as you can!

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=37&threadid=209918>

PLEASE FORWARD THIS LINK TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS
YOU CAN THAT COLLECT CARDS AND EVERY ONE OF THEM NEEDS TO GET A LINK TO THIS THREAD.

anyone who collects anything can appreciate the problems that Carlos is having... thinking of selling off the most beloved set he has, just to pay unexpected bills! THAT is terrible.

Thanks
~jeff cornett

edited to remove signature line

Elliot

Old 07-31-2003, 12:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

That's pretty heartless to advertise on this supposed tragic situation.

Old 07-31-2003, 01:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

Old 07-31-2003, 01:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Gemint

I think that link was in his sig line. I seriously doubt he was trying to exploit this situation. I hope you'll help out Carlos. He's been battling cancer for quite a while now. We all know how expensive hospital stays can be.

Old 07-31-2003, 01:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Gemint

Here is the address:

Carlos D. Aponte
2218 Deerfield Drive
Ashtabula, OH
44004-9233

PAYPAL

aponte@adelphia.net

Old 07-31-2003, 01:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John(z28jd)

Lee,that ad is his signiature not something he put at the bottom just now......Julie,try actually reading the thread and you will find his paypal address listed twice

Old 07-31-2003, 01:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: botn

You are misreading the intentions of his post. It was done for the benefit of someone who has been ill. There are a number of people on the CU board that have never met Carlos and some of us, like myself, who probably have never even written to him, yet we still contributed something for the cause.

Greg

Old 07-31-2003, 02:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

I see someone HAS posted it now. For good measure: aponte@adelphia.net

Old 07-31-2003, 02:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Why are we condoneing this? The thread is posted by someone I have never seen post before, the link shows no proof to the fact that this person has these medicail bills, and the person posting is advertising something.
If you also check the cancer person he is actively buying on ebay, why does he need the money?
This seems no different to me than the ebay scam we keep bringing up and hate so badly.
This guy may have cancer but there is NO proof he needs the money or even wants it. Where is this money going? Questions to ask before donating.

Old 07-31-2003, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mckee

I am a surviving cancer patient. My medical bill was 48 pages long and well over $20K after page 10. This was in 1988. I feel for everyone and anyone who has this nasty crap, it isn't fun at all. However, I have a problem with people who do not have medical insurance of some kind. Most all employers, including blue collar as well, offer some type of medical insurance. If an employee chooses not to pay for it, then that is gambling. Thank god I had it! If he is unemployeed and doesn't have it, then he is truly in a bad situation. My best wishes go out to him. Dan