NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-12-2011, 10:01 PM
HRBAKER's Avatar
HRBAKER HRBAKER is offline
Jeff
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 4,919
Default Congrats to the MAVS

They prove the adage that it is better to have your parade after the season than before.
__________________
Check out my aging Sell/Trade Album on my Profile page

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 40 years."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-13-2011, 05:58 AM
barrysloate barrysloate is offline
Barry Sloate
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 7,465
Default

LeBron looked unusually ineffective throughout stretches of this series, and you have to wonder about him. Mavs were the better team and deserved to win.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-13-2011, 08:15 AM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is offline
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 25,289
Default congrats

Congrats do go to the Mavs. Miami deserves losing after a few of their players mocked Dirk's illness. Dancing in front of the Mavs bench thinking they won, in game 5, when they ended up losing was a pretty sweet situation too. I wonder what their manager and team owner said about those things....? Great discipline there...
__________________
Leon Luckey
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-13-2011, 12:12 PM
alanu's Avatar
alanu alanu is offline
Alan U
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 641
Default

Congrats to the Mavs although I must admit I don't know which I enjoyed more, the Mavs winning or the Heat losing.

Is Lebron turning into the Barry Bonds of the NBA?

Did he really say this after the game?

"Absolutely not, because at the end of the day, all the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today," James said. "They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that.

"They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they have to get back to the real world at some point."

And Tweet this......

"The Greater Man upstairs know when it's my time," James tweeted. "Right now isn't the time."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-13-2011, 05:03 PM
novakjr novakjr is offline
David Nova.kovich Jr.
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 20 miles east of the Mistake
Posts: 2,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanu View Post
Congrats to the Mavs although I must admit I don't know which I enjoyed more, the Mavs winning or the Heat losing.

Is Lebron turning into the Barry Bonds of the NBA?

Did he really say this after the game?

"Absolutely not, because at the end of the day, all the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today," James said. "They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that.

"They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they have to get back to the real world at some point."

And Tweet this......

"The Greater Man upstairs know when it's my time," James tweeted. "Right now isn't the time."
Simple translation. "You're all below me. You're all losers and always will be. I really don't give a sh*t what anyone thinks."

I will admit that I did find his creativity in saying this in such a way that it went over most people's heads kind of amusing.. He's still a douche, but I love when people spin the English language so that people don't know that they're being sh*t on.. Well played Lebron, well played indeed....

The line was so perfectly executed, that I almost wonder if the question was planted and the answer scripted.. Which seems to be the norm for Lebron and his gang nowadays..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is offline
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 25,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
Simple translation. "You're all below me. You're all losers and always will be. I really don't give a sh*t what anyone thinks."

I will admit that I did find his creativity in saying this in such a way that it went over most people's heads kind of amusing.. He's still a douche, but I love when people spin the English language so that people don't know that they're being sh*t on.. Well played Lebron, well played indeed....

The line was so perfectly executed, that I almost wonder if the question was planted and the answer scripted.. Which seems to be the norm for Lebron and his gang nowadays..
You might be short changing many people's intelligence. I think more people probably got it than didn't.....but maybe I am wrong. I did get it.
__________________
Leon Luckey
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-13-2011, 08:46 PM
novakjr novakjr is offline
David Nova.kovich Jr.
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 20 miles east of the Mistake
Posts: 2,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
You might be short changing many people's intelligence. I think more people probably got it than didn't.....but maybe I am wrong. I did get it.
There's alot of people that knew right away. You're right Leon, I kinda worded that wrong. I really wasn't trying to short change anyone. But the point was that he worded it well enough that many of the people out there would take a while to figure it out, or try to give him the benefit of the doubt.. He also worded it enough to give himself some wiggle room, to explain himself and backtrack as though he's simply being mis-understood, or that the media is trying to blow his statement out of proportion and out of context. It's all an attempt to make himself look like a victim of the media, he's working towards trying to make people feel sorry for him.. Many of us aren't dumb enough to buy his sh*t, but sadly, there's many out there who are.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-14-2011, 02:27 PM
novakjr novakjr is offline
David Nova.kovich Jr.
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 20 miles east of the Mistake
Posts: 2,269
Default

And let the back-tracking begin...This dude has gotten so predictable.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trueho...ory?id=6661305
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-14-2011, 02:55 PM
ChiefBenderForever's Avatar
ChiefBenderForever ChiefBenderForever is offline
Johnny S
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lost in Connecticut
Posts: 1,261
Default

Mark Cuban is definately treats his players better than any owner in any sports and Lebron will never live this down. Atleast Wade has a ring so is isn't as painful for him and he played well and Lebron completely choked as usual and Scottie Pippen is an idiot for saying Lebron is better than Jordan what a joke. Congrats to the Mavs they deserve it, now if only the Timberwolves could get into the Wnba maybe they could make the playoffs............
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is offline
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 25,289
Default really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
And let the back-tracking begin...This dude has gotten so predictable.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trueho...ory?id=6661305
He must really think people are that stupid? He should have just said that he made a mistake with what he said, and his antics, and apologized. To me, his apology is just as bad, or worse, as what he said first. At this moment He's a total idiot imo. However, he's an idiot that has millions of dollars .
My guess is that somewhere down the road he will grow up. He's just immature. He's probably not really a bad guy.....though I haven't watched him enough to really know. I would hate for all of my younger days' antics to be thrown in my face. He will grow up but it will take some time.
__________________
Leon Luckey
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OT - congrats to Dodgers Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 2 10-16-2008 04:26 PM
Congrats to Ken Griffey Jr!!! Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 38 06-12-2008 06:26 PM
Congrats to the person who submitted a T205 Cobb PSA 9 Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 1 02-13-2007 08:41 PM
REA: Congrats to everyone...How'd everyone do? Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 84 05-06-2006 03:13 AM
Congrats on Winning the E125 Ira Thomas Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 1 02-22-2003 08:56 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.


ebay GSB