NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on Ebay
Pre-WWII Cards
Post WWII Cards
Vintage Memorabilia
Babe Ruth Cards
Ty Cobb Cards
Lou Gehrig Cards
Mickey Mantle Cards
Goudey Cards
Bowman Cards
T205s on Ebay
Tobacco "T" Cards
Caramel "E" Cards
Vintage Baseball Postcards
Football Cards on Ebay
Exhibit Cards
Strip Cards
Baking Cards
Sporting News
Playball Cards on Ebay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-08-2018, 05:49 PM
Jim65's Avatar
Jim65 Jim65 is online now
Jam.es Braci.liano
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,017
Default EBay guaranteed shipping

Has anyone ever filed a claim with eBays guaranteed shipping? I recently bought an item that had a guaranteed delivery date and the package was a day late, does the seller lose the shipping if Ebay reimburses me or does eBay eat that? I don't want to screw the seller for a one day delay but will gladly screw eBay because it was late.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-08-2018, 07:00 PM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 4,772
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
Has anyone ever filed a claim with eBays guaranteed shipping? I recently bought an item that had a guaranteed delivery date and the package was a day late, does the seller lose the shipping if Ebay reimburses me or does eBay eat that? I don't want to screw the seller for a one day delay but will gladly screw eBay because it was late.
That is very strange that it was late. They change the date so that it is impossible, at least they do it with my account.
__________________
T210 Series 3 Ft Worth, looking for low end examples and especially ones with a Y shaped hole punch. I also have some extra T210's for trade.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-09-2018, 03:49 AM
Jim65's Avatar
Jim65 Jim65 is online now
Jam.es Braci.liano
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
That is very strange that it was late. They change the date so that it is impossible, at least they do it with my account.
When I ordered it, the guaranteed date was Thursday, it was delivered Friday.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-10-2018, 06:37 PM
steve B steve B is offline
Steve Birmingham
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: eastern Mass.
Posts: 5,292
Default

Was it still listed as guaranteed by Thursday?

Back when UPS was bragging about 99+% on time delivery I had a package I was expecting. Tracking said Monday... Then on Monday it said Tuesday... then on Tuesday...

I finally got it on Friday. And by their system apparently "on time" as the expected delivery date kept changing.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-10-2018, 08:07 PM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 4,772
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Was it still listed as guaranteed by Thursday?

Back when UPS was bragging about 99+% on time delivery I had a package I was expecting. Tracking said Monday... Then on Monday it said Tuesday... then on Tuesday...

I finally got it on Friday. And by their system apparently "on time" as the expected delivery date kept changing.
Yep that is the same thing my eBay guaranteed delivery date does, it's never late.
__________________
T210 Series 3 Ft Worth, looking for low end examples and especially ones with a Y shaped hole punch. I also have some extra T210's for trade.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-11-2018, 05:17 AM
Jim65's Avatar
Jim65 Jim65 is online now
Jam.es Braci.liano
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Was it still listed as guaranteed by Thursday?

Back when UPS was bragging about 99+% on time delivery I had a package I was expecting. Tracking said Monday... Then on Monday it said Tuesday... then on Tuesday...

I finally got it on Friday. And by their system apparently "on time" as the expected delivery date kept changing.
Yup, I got a message from eBay (in the item page) confirming the package was eligible for shipping to be refunded but I found out the seller takes a hit so I just let it go.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-11-2018, 05:32 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,571
Default

What an odd thing for Ebay to promise?? Is there any benefit to sellers to offer this?? Reduced FVF's??? Something????
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-11-2018, 09:32 AM
Jim65's Avatar
Jim65 Jim65 is online now
Jam.es Braci.liano
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
What an odd thing for Ebay to promise?? Is there any benefit to sellers to offer this?? Reduced FVF's??? Something????

I assume increased sales if you guarantee delivery in certain amount of days. It looks like a lot of sellers participate in it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-11-2018, 12:31 PM
D. Bergin's Avatar
D. Bergin D. Bergin is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 3,500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
I assume increased sales if you guarantee delivery in certain amount of days. It looks like a lot of sellers participate in it.

Most sellers with TRS were defaulted into it. Most likely don't even know they offer it. I wasn't sure I was until I just looked at my preferences, as I don't see it offered in my own listings, even when I am signed out.

Supposedly if the seller meets their handling time then Ebay foots the bill on late delivery's..................for at least 2018 anyways. They are making no promises for 2019.

Seems a really stupid thing to promise when you aren't in charge of the delivery system. Ebay trying to promise all the same things as Amazon, without having the infrastructure of Amazon............putting all of their promises on sellers backs.

Of course, even if Ebay is covering it, it's not going to stop buyers from now contacting sellers directly who don't know how the system really works and demanding "I didn't get my item when you said I would, give me my shipping fee back".

False expectations are often the bane of any type of business, and the cause of much buyer angst.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-11-2018, 12:39 PM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 4,772
Default

Just noticed another eBay change. When looking through listings I see some that say "Free Returns". When I looked at the auctions it shows 30 day free returns.
__________________
T210 Series 3 Ft Worth, looking for low end examples and especially ones with a Y shaped hole punch. I also have some extra T210's for trade.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-12-2018, 11:18 AM
gzman gzman is offline
gr*g.zamp.ino
member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 26
Default

If the seller ships on time, and, the carrier delivers late, eBay takes the hit, not the seller...Also, eBay recently implemented a change..to get the highest/ONLY TRS discount(a mere 10 percent) must offer 30 day free returns..this is on a per item basis..still not sure how to maintain TRS if not offering free returns on some or most of items...A year ago the TRS discount went from 20 to 10 percent...Using the extra money to offer guaranteed shipping, and, more promos...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-12-2018, 08:33 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzman View Post
If the seller ships on time, and, the carrier delivers late, eBay takes the hit, not the seller...Also, eBay recently implemented a change..to get the highest/ONLY TRS discount(a mere 10 percent) must offer 30 day free returns..this is on a per item basis..still not sure how to maintain TRS if not offering free returns on some or most of items...A year ago the TRS discount went from 20 to 10 percent...Using the extra money to offer guaranteed shipping, and, more promos...
I gave up years ago trying to get discounts. For what we sell, there is no reason for all those hoops we have to jump through.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-15-2018, 11:53 AM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16,957
Default

I have a guaranteed delivery item that's late. But shipping was free.
__________________
My avatar is a painting by my son, a recent art school graduate.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-15-2018, 12:38 PM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 4,772
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I have a guaranteed delivery item that's late. But shipping was free.
LOL, looks like we already have people that figured out how to get around giving a refund.
__________________
T210 Series 3 Ft Worth, looking for low end examples and especially ones with a Y shaped hole punch. I also have some extra T210's for trade.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-15-2018, 02:51 PM
Jim65's Avatar
Jim65 Jim65 is online now
Jam.es Braci.liano
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I have a guaranteed delivery item that's late. But shipping was free.
EBay will allow you to send back for refund and I believe they will pay return shipping too.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-15-2018, 06:15 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
EBay will allow you to send back for refund and I believe they will pay return shipping too.
I wouldn't feel right doing that, and I honestly don't care if it's late.
__________________
My avatar is a painting by my son, a recent art school graduate.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The lighter side of ebay - guaranteed smile! SAllen2556 Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 0 03-11-2015 08:01 AM
Ebay sellers - high shipping cost even after eBay took part of pie? asphaltman Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 19 11-08-2013 01:55 PM
Ebay Shipping Down? peterose4hof WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics 3 08-24-2011 03:45 PM
EBAY Shipping Question laserbeemer Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 22 06-25-2009 03:07 PM
More Ebay Shipping Woes Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 14 04-04-2006 01:44 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 PM.


ebay GSB